The Swansea University Research Excellence Scholarship 2019 provides 16 fully funded studentships across the University. Studentships are awarded based on academic excellence of the student. If you are interested in working in the Optomechanics Group at Swansea University, please get in touch.
Possible research directions include:
- Decoherence suppression for enhancing levitated optomechanics as a tool for fundamental measurements
- Coherent feedback implementations in collaboration with UCL Theorist Prof. Alessio Serafini
- MAQRO Consortium technical demonstrations and theoretical studies as a follow up to the ESA Design Study to be published December 2018
- Aerodynamics on the nanoscale in collaboration with Computational Fluid Dynamics expert Dr Ben Evans
- CubeSat payload development with Dr Daniel Oi from the University of Strathclyde and The Scottish Centre of Excellence in Satellite Applications